Twitter Streets: Hot Trends Today-March 26
Jussie Smollett Makes A Social Media Comeback
Jussie Smollett on Wednesday made a comeback on social media, following a 9-month long hiatus. Smollett posted a video singing on Instagram which he captioned, “Hope y’all are staying safe. Spread love and kindness… not Rona.” The former “Empire” actor disappeared from the public eye, after accusations that he staged his own racist and homophobic hate crime made headlines in January 2019.
Jussie Smollett shares singing video to Instagram:
“Hope y’all are staying safe. Spread love and kindness… not Rona.” pic.twitter.com/1qqHMuryoC
— Pop Crave (@PopCraveMusic) March 25, 2020
Jussie Smollett Breaks Social Media Silence, Sings During Quarantine https://t.co/zKBKLDoM0Z
— TMZ (@TMZ) March 25, 2020
Jussie Smollett jokes that he’s been on self-quarantine since last year 😐😐https://t.co/9IHTmF2nyo
— HotNewHipHop (@HotNewHipHop) March 26, 2020
Tony Awards Postponed Amid COVID-19 Concerns
The 74th annual Tony Awards have been postponed amid the Coronavirus pandemic. “The health and safety of the Broadway community, artists and fans is of the utmost importance to us,” said a statement from the awards production team, adding, “We will announce new dates and additional information once Broadway opens again”. The Tony Awards, which honors the best in theater and Broadway productions, was originally scheduled to air on June 7th.
The 74th Annual Tony Awards, scheduled to air live on the @CBS Television Network on Sunday, June 7th from Radio City Music Hall in New York City, will be postponed and rescheduled at a later date. Full statement: https://t.co/6P8Hkicpzu#TonyAwards pic.twitter.com/KRLt2jJeK4
— The Tony Awards (@TheTonyAwards) March 25, 2020
Corona just fucked with the Tony Awards pic.twitter.com/PZbv0mOMRi
— Randy Rainbow (@RandyRainbow) March 25, 2020
We knew it was coming and there is so much more to worry about. But damn, it hurts:
The Tony Awards have been postponed. pic.twitter.com/8rV4whb5kk
— Casey Mink (@Casey_Mink) March 25, 2020
Prince Charles Tests Positive for COVID-19
Heir to the British throne, Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus. The 71-year-old (and eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II) was displaying “mild symptoms but remains in good health”, said his office in a statement. Whereas his wife has tested negative, “Her Majesty the Queen remains in good health” as she had not been in contact with the Prince since March 12, Buckingham Palace confirmed. The prince is currently in self-isolating in Scotland.
Prince Charles has been advised he was contagious with coronavirus starting on March 13, a royal source said.
— CNN International (@cnni) March 25, 2020
Prince Charles, Royal, never worked in his life, has mild symptoms: gets tested
Mum, 36, wife of a refuse collector, has severe symptoms: told she is not a priority#CoronavirusLockdownUK#abolishthemonarchy pic.twitter.com/MkhcLIuLHx
— Jorge Martin (@marxistJorge) March 25, 2020
So Prince Charles heir to the throne ignores Govt Advice, is flown to Scotland by RAF (like they have nothing better to do) arrives at one of his 17 homes, gets minor symptoms & unlike nurses, doctors or everyone else gets tested ‘We’re all in this together?’ #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/CMTo6bJZRN
— Aamer Anwar🎗✊🏽 (@AamerAnwar) March 25, 2020