World Breastfeeding Week: Sign up for this Webinar
It’s World Breastfeeding Week and the theme this year is: “’Protect Breastfeeding: A Shared Responsibility.’”. In line with this theme, the Global Breastfeeding Collective, WHO and UNICEF are sponsoring a webinar on the 4th of August 2021 to discuss why investment in skilled breastfeeding support is essential to achieving equitable health outcomes.
The audience will hear from funders, implementing organizations and national government level leaders. The webinar will be conducted in English with simultaneous interpretation in French, Spanish, Arabic, and Russian.
Time: 18:00 UTC (9:00PM Nairobi)
The resources being introduced:
- Implementation Guidance on Counselling Women to Improve Breastfeeding Practices (UNICEF and WHO), presented by Laurence Grummer-Strawn and Fatmata Fatima Sesay
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Counselling: Training Course (WHO), presented by Carmen Casanovas
- Operational Guidance: Breastfeeding Counselling in Emergencies (ENN and IFE Core Group), presented by Isabelle Modigell
- Advocacy Brief: The Role of Midwives and Nurses in Protecting, Promoting, and Supporting Breastfeeding (Collective), presented by Carole Kenner, Theresa Shaver, Leah Greenspan
- Compendium of Skilled Breastfeeding Case Studies (Collective), presented by a panel of participants from the case studies
These resources will provide governments (including ministries of health), civil society organizations, UN agencies’ staff, donors, and others with specific steps in improving and expanding breastfeeding counselling in their communities, including in emergency situations, and will provide examples of how this has been achieved in different countries
*Free, pre-registration is required: https://bit.ly/SBSequity
Read here on breastfeeding amid COVID-19 and where to get support in Nairobi.