World Breastfeeding Week: Sign up for this Webinar
It’s World Breastfeeding Week and the theme this year is: “Support breastfeeding for a healthier planet”. In line with this theme, the Global Breastfeeding Collective, WHO and UNICEF are sponsoring a webinar on the 5th of August 2020 to discuss why investment in skilled breastfeeding support is essential to achieving equitable health outcomes.
The audience will hear from funders, implementing organizations and national government level leaders. The webinar will be conducted in English with simultaneous interpretation in French, Spanish, Arabic, and Russian.
Time: 13:00 – 14:30 UTC (9:00 New York, 15:00 Geneva, 16:00 Nairobi, 18:00 Islamabad, 20:00 Tokyo)
- Dr France Begin, Senior Advisor, Early Childhood Nutrition, UNICEF
- Ms Mudiwah Kadeshe, President, International Lactation Consultant Association
- Mrs Juliana Abdul Razak, Breastfeeding mother, Malaysia
- Her Excellency Mrs Samina Alvi, First Lady of Pakistan
- Dr Laurence Grummer-Strawn, Unit Head, Department of Nutrition and Food Safety, World Health Organization
- Dr Amy E. Pollack, Director, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Ms Helga Fogstad, Executive Director, Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
- Dr Steve Wall, Senior Director, Newborn Health, Save the Children
- Dr Alma Golden, Assistant Administrator for the Bureau for Global Health, United States Agency for International Development
- Her Excellency Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo, First Lady of Ghana
- Dr Victor Aguayo, Associate Director, Programme Division, Chief, Nutrition Programme, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Dr Francesco Branca, Director, Department of Nutrition and Food Safety, World Health Organization (WHO)
*Free, pre-registration is required: https://bit.ly/SBSequity
Read here on breastfeeding amid COVID-19 and where to get support in Nairobi.