Safe Journey! Travel Insurance in Kenya
December typically means a flurry of holiday travel in and outside the country and get-togethers for Kenyan families. This year however, will be anything but normal. Making travel plans is now more than a matter of shopping around for cheap flight prices or car rental fees. Consider adding travel insurance to the checklist.
Travel insurance is a plan you purchase that protects you from certain financial risks and losses that can occur while traveling. These losses can be minor, like a delayed suitcase, or significant, like a last-minute trip cancellation or a medical emergency overseas.
Here are some options you could look into:
Resolution Travel Insurance
- Worldwide cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anywhere in the world.
- Emergency Medical and Related Expenses, including evacuation and repatriation.
- Various limits of cover for all benefits across the range of products.
- Benefit levels on all products meet the requirements for any visa’s that may be required for travelling.
- Standard Trip duration of up to 180 days.
- Family rates for you and your children to help keep travel cost down.
- Attractive Student cover.
Areas of Cover
- Medical & Related Expenses, including evacuation and repatriation
- Personal Accident
- Cancelation and curtailment cover
- Baggage and Personal Belongings cover
- Personal Liability
- Hijack, Hostage and wrongful detention
*Enquiries: 020 2894000
GA Travel Insurance
GA Smart Travel cover is a tailor-made Travel Insurance Policy that covers an individual or group against unforeseen accidents and incidents while traveling outside the Kenyan Borders.
- The Cover Offers your Personal Medical Assistance;
These includes dispatch of medication and general medical information
- The cover also offers you Emergency Medical Transportation and Repatriation
- Transport of a person due to the hospitalisation of the insured
- Stay of a person due to the hospitalisation of the insured.
- Transportation or repatriation of the accompanying insured
The travel insurance policy also covers the following expenses while on abroad;
Medical Expenses such as;
- First medical assistance while abroad (Including COVID-19 medical expenses)
- Dental expenses incurred
- Pharmaceutical expenses and also include medical expenses after the return to the country of origin.
*Enquiries: 0709 626000
AAR Travel Insurance
This policy covers persons who travel abroad from time to time and wish to insure themselves against accidents and loss or damage to their properties in the course of travel.
- Emergency medical expenses
- Loss of personal property/ money or documents
- Luggage protection
- Personal liability
*Enquiries: 0703 063000
UAP Old Mutual
Their insurance covers expenses arising from loss of luggage or journey cancellation due to illness, injury or death.
- Cover against the costs of any emergency medical attention including; hospital and doctors’ costs, prescription medication, surgery, evacuation, repatriation and follow up treatment.
- Compensate you in case of hijack, kidnap or wrongful detention.
- Cover pandemics as declared by WHO on Cancellation and Curtailment, Medical Expenses, Medical Evacuation or repatriation
*Enquiries: 0800 722 626
HF Group Travel Insurance
- Emergency medical and related expenses covered upto specified limits
- Personal accidental death and permanent disability covered upto to a specified limit
- Trip cancellation and Interruption coverage due to financial default of an airline, cruise line, or tour operator
- Baggage, trade samples, personal effects, travel documents, money and credit cards covered
- Medical expense (Primary)
- A menu of services available for emergency medical requests, including prescription replacement, physician referrals, medical evacuations, and more
- Assistance with any travel emergency or request for general travel information, including lost, stolen or delayed baggage; replacing lost passport or travel Documents; emergency cash transfers; pre-trip travel advice; inoculation information; and more
- Dedicated Live Travel counselors available to help with any travel request, including flight or hotel rebooking, rental car reservations, roadside assistance, and more
- Whatever you need, whenever, or wherever you need it, you can call on your own personal assistant to help. Services include; tee time reservations, restaurant referrals and reservations, wireless device assistance, sporting or theater tickets, and more. If you need it, we’ll find it for you
- If personal information is stolen, emergency travel counselors will assist in contacting credit card companies, monitoring credit reports and working with local authorities to help with Identity restoration
- You’ll also have access to an array of services to help make short work of your business obligations, so you can enjoy your vacation
- Assistance to help maintain personal safety and personal information while traveling. Services include evacuation assistance, 24/7 access to security and safety
*Enquiries: 0800 721 400