I came across a tragic story in the papers recently. It was about a 6 month old baby girl choking to her death. She had just started weaning. Nanny called the mum panicking. She didn’t know what to do. Baby passed away and the nanny fled. Horrible.
Choking is a serious threat to people of all ages. Whenever something gets stuck in the throat — a piece of food, a child’s toy, or blood from an injury — it can block a person’s air supply. After four to six minutes without air, the brain begins to die. If someone is choking, quick action can save a life.
That’s why it’s important to impart life saving skills to your nannies. They spend a lot of time with our kids.
This Saturday, July 13th, Avenue healthcare will be holding a first aid training workshop. Sign up your nanny. A little knowledge goes a long way. Check dits below.
Kenya never stops Buzzing. You shouldn't either