Call for Artists: Fair Play Anti-Corruption Jam
A new day, a new corruption scandal. That’s all we read in the papers and watch on the news. It’s like corruption has become quintessentially Kenyan. It’s become ingrained in our national DNA and many Kenyans have become accustomed to harping on about it on social media. Now you can put your anger in a song! What am I talking about?
Fair Play has sent out a call for artists to submit music speaking out against another global pandemic- Corruption. The Fair Play Competition is about original songs by young artists (18-35 years) on the theme of anti-corruption, integrity and fighting for social justice.
Artists are invited to submit their anti-corruption music videos online and the best two bands will be flown to Busan, South Korea to perform and participate in the International Anti-corruption Conference (IACC) that takes place in a different country every 2 years.
Transparency International is sponsoring this event and are hoping this will be a non-violent form of resistance.
- Fair Play is open to any solo artist, band or group whose members are between 18-35 years of age (on the date of entry).
- Fair Play is open to artists of any nationality, from any country.
- Groups may consist of no more than 8 members.
- Each entry will be assessed by the Fair Play jury, composed of international artists and competition organizers, on the basis of musical quality, anti-corruption message /campaign relevance, and adaptability to live performance.
- Decisions of the jury are final and are not subject to question, revision or appeal.
- Prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable.
- 1-3 bands will be selected to perform in Busan, South Korea at the Fair Play: Live and Direct concert that takes place in conjunction with the IACC (International Anticorruption Conference).
- Artists must be available to travel and perform between 1 and 4 December 2020.
- Fair Play covers your flights, accommodation, food (during the event) as well as a 50€/person/day/band (per diem).
- Bands are expected to cover their own insurance costs, visa fees and additional expenses whilst in Busan.
Do you have an anti- graft tune you’d like to share? Apply here