Applying for a Minor’s Passport in Kenya in 5 easy Steps
If you intend to travel with your child outside Kenya, they’ll need a passport. The immigration department no longer includes children on their parents’ passports. This is intended to make international travel more secure for children and reduce the risk of kidnapping and child trafficking.
Here’s how to go about applying for a minor (anyone under the age of 18) in Kenya in 5 simple steps:
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on Form 19 (SEE MORE) passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts and submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices (SEE MORE)
Day of Submission Checklist
1) Original birth certificate and photocopy
2) Three passport size photos of child
3) Consent letter for minors
4) Parents National ID cards and copy.
5) Recommender’s ID Card copy (This could be a religious leader, lawyer or community leader)
6) Form 19 pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.