Affordable Equipment to Start off Your Home Gym
In search of personal fitness we will often find ourselves enrolling in a gym, but sometimes gyms may not suit the needs of each person embarking on a fitness journey. To some, the fear of public bathrooms, inadequate parking or the stares of other gym goers quickly outweighs the sum of the perks that come with joining a gym; which include having a trainer, sophisticated equipment and the opportunity to take mirror selfies for the gram. But not to worry, this article gives you tips on some affordable equipment you can get to start off your home gym:
It’s hard to mention workout versatility without resistance bands coming up. I bet you didn’t know you could use a resistance band for a full body work out. These bands can be used to target most of the muscles in the body that external weights may not do a great job at. They are preferred for their portability and the spice they bring to body weight exercises. In the interest of full disclosure, resistance bands are generally easier on joints compared to external weights like dumbbell and barbells. Here are some of the exercises that you can use resistance bands for:
- Bicep Curls (Targeting the bicep muscles)
- Bent Over Rows (Targeting muscles around the chest and shoulder)
- Chest Flies (Targeting muscles around the Chest and Back)
- Chest Presses (Targeting muscles around the Chest)
- Glute-Kick backs (Targeting glutes and the legs)
- Lateral Lunge (Targeting muscles around the legs)
- Kneeling Crunches (Targets at building core lower body strength)
- Single-Arm tricep extension (Builds tricep muscles)
- Pull-Aparts (Targeting muscles around the chest and shoulder)
- Band- Squats (Targeting glute muscles)
2. Exercise Ball
Also known as a stability ball. It is a great complement to body weight workouts. It can be used in daily workouts to strengthen your core, protect your joints, and improve muscle-building. Here is a list of exercises that you could do using this ball:
- Stability ball jackknife (This exercise strengthens your hamstrings and glutes)
- Stability ball hamstring curl (This exercise is great for building abs and general lower body strength)
- Stability ball V-pass (This exercise is great for building abs)
- Stability decline push-up (This exercise is great for core strength and arm strength)
- Stability ball wall squat (This exercise is great for glutes, hamstrings, and quads)
- Stability ball roll-out (This exercise is great for abs and core strength)
3. Hand Grips
Hand grips may lack the versatility of resistant bands as they are only meant to build fore-arm muscles, but they are an important piece of equipment for any home gym. Should you not have a hand grip you can use a tennis ball instead. It will still give you the same results. So how exactly do you use a hand grip?
- Hold the hand grip in one hand.
- Slowly squeeze it hold it for 3-5 seconds.
- Relax the squeeze slowly.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other hand.
- Repeat 10-15 times more with each hand.
Pump Tummy Trimmer
Have you had someone hold your feet down as you did your sit-ups? We’ll there’s something that will not make you that much of a nuisance. Its called a Tummy Trimmer Pump. This piece of equipment is why all of us should be walking around with abs by now. Talk of efficiency. To use it, you just have to lie on your back, get your feet in position inside if the pedals and pull back as hard as you can using your abdominal muscles. Doing this on a daily will not only get you a flat tummy but also it trims your waist and gives you firmer arms and legs.
Ab Wheel Tummy Trimmer
This is basically a tummy trimmer despite the different design it takes. To use it, get on your knees, grip the ab roller with both hands, and roll forward with your knees maintaining the same position, using your core for support. Roll as far as you can stretch and then roll back to your initial position. Consistency will give you better core flexibility, well trimmed arms and more core strength.
5. Skipping Rope
What better way to get your heart pumping before that workout and what better way to do so than rope skipping. Rope skipping has immense benefits including:
- Improves overall cardiovascular health
- Improves breathing efficiency
- Burns those all-important calories
- Prevents ankle and foot injuries
- Improves bone density
So what are you waiting for? Make some space, head out and get your home aerobics gym started!
Thank us later.