30 Me-Time Activities and Ideas for All Mums
Creating some time to be alone is necessary in our daily routines and as a mom you seldom have that. Or you might end up having alone time abruptly then wonder what to do with all that time. These tips will make sure that you are never lost when those golden moments present themselves.
- Spring clean! Clean all the surfaces, closets, nooks and crannies in the house. You may not realize it but being a bit more clean and organized clears your thinking and leaves you feeling more organized mentally.
- Binge – watch a new TV show or catch up on one of your favourite flicks. With kids, it’s hard to have a movie marathon because they’re a distraction at times. Make some time for the newest series .
- Budget. Spend some time with your finances may be ? This is a good time to catch up with your finances and spending habits and see what needs to change.
- Treat yourself to a mani-pedi at home or in a salon of your choice. When you look good, you feel good. Schedule an appointment and have your manicure, pedicure or both.
- Create a play lists- There is nothing as soothing as listening to your favourite play list when having some me time. Create several play lists: A laundry play lists, a chilling play lists, a soothing play lists etc
- Read a book. Not a magazine, a book. Turning the pages of a book as you follow characters and events can be so calming. You will find yourself immersed in another world, and it helps to disappear at times. You can download free books from Oodles book app or Obooko.
- Go for a hike or a walk in nature. Outdoor time should be included in your alone time. In those moments, your brain is present and focused on the terrain, path, nature and your new surrounding and not on the responsibilities of life. Nature by itself is very calming.
- Schedule a quiet walk in the morning or evening. Quiet morning walks can be so serene and peaceful and offer amazing introspection into one’s life and soul.
- Practice yoga frequently – its proven to be a great stress relief.