2019 International Day of Families on “Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG13
The day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993 and reflects on the importance attached to family. The day provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families. The theme this year is, “Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG13”.
The 2019 observance focuses on families, family policies and major Sustainable goals N.o 13 targets:
- SDG 13 target 13.3: Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning
- SDG 13 target 13.2: integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies and planning
So how can you and the kiddos participate in this noble observance day?
- Plant a tree
- Reuse, Recycle & reduce waste at home
- Conserve energy and water at home
- Sign the petition to urge governments to act on climate change
*What other ideas do you have? Let us know by emailing email@example.com